Abstract Submission Guidelines
General Information & Deadlines
1. Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline February 28, 2022.
Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
2. An individual may be listed as the presenting author on one abstract only.
3. All co-authors of abstracts that want to qualify for oral presentations need to submit a Disclosure Form online.
All presenters will also be required to complete a Faculty Attestation Form once their abstract is accepted for oral presentation.
Presenters who disclose commercial relationships will receive a COI Resolution form to sign. Copies of the final presentations will have to be submitted for peer review approximately 6 weeks before the Conference.
4. Abstracts can be submitted for the following categories and scientific topics:
Clinics (12 Topics)
• Base of Skull
• Head and Neck
• Novel Treatments
Physics: (9 Topics)
• Advances in Beam Delivery and Nozzle Design
• Absolute and Relative Dosimetry
• Quality Assurance & Verification
• Treatment planning, Mathematical Modeling, AI applications
• Image guidance and adaptive therapy
• 4D treatments and adaptive therapy
• Facility Experience – Commissioning and Operation
• Dose Calculation and Optimization
Biology: (8 Topics)
• iCPRT (immuno charged particle radiotherapy) – what progress has been made?
• Targeted agents with CPRT
• Biomarkers of CPRT response
• Biological advantages for CPRT vs XRT
• Mathematical Modeling and simulations of CPRT
• Integrating biology in treatment planning – RBE and beyond
Facilities, Operations, Reimbursements: Challenges and Lessons (1 Topics)
• Facilities, Operations, Reimbursements: Challenges and Lessons
5. Additional Questions – Please also use the relevant tick box to indicate the following during the submission:
a) Your willingness to present a short live oral presentation of your poster if offered.
b) Application for the PTCOG Young Investigator Award. Candidates must meet all the following criteria:
• Completed terminal research degree or end of post-graduate clinical training, whichever date is later, within the past 5 years.
• A rank up to and including Assistant Professor, if applicable.
• Previously not been awarded a Young Investigator Award from PTCOG.
6. A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
• Oral Presentation
• Poster Presentation
7. All abstracts will be reviewed by the PTCOG Scientific Program Sub-Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and the content. They will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type.
8. Accepted abstracts will be made available electronically to all conference attendees. Rejected abstracts will not be displayed or published. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. PTCOG reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to the publication in the PTCOG Website or Journal.
9. All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail by March 16, 2022.
10. All presenting authors are obliged to register by March 24, 2022.
11. All abstracts must be written in English.
12. When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the appropriate category, scientific topic and the presentation method.
13. The maximum abstract title is 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (eg. This is the title of my abstract).
14. Up to 10 authors can be submitted for one abstract (including the presenting author).
15. The maximum abstract length is 250 words.
16. Up to 2 pictures/charts/tables can be included within the abstract text. (Please check the step-by-step picture upload guide below.)
• Pictures must be saved in .jpg
• Charts can only be inserted as a picture (saved as .jpg first)
• Tables can only be inserted as a picture (saved as .jpg first)
Picture Upload Guide
Up to two pictures (1) can be inserted within the abstract text using the picture insert icon. They must be saved in JPG.
1. Place the picture title within the abstract in the location where the picture should appear(2). Click the “Picture Insert” icon to start the upload process (3).
2. Click the “Upload” button (1) and select the picture you wish to insert from your computer. It will be uploaded to the insert image gallery (2).
3. Select the corresponding picture (1), copy the picture title into the “Alternate Text” field (2) and add the picture dimensions (one size is enough) (3) and confirm the selection with the ”Insert” button. (4) (width 300px = approx. 7cm wide)
4. When the picture is uploaded, the correct location and size can be checked. If you wish to change the dimensions you can simply delete the inserted picture and upload it once again with a different size.
Please contact the PTCOG 60 Scientific Program Department for any assistance.